(as of Feb 16,2021 22:14:46 UTC – Details)
The following are the features of the new apple ipad 8th generation:
- The new 8th generation iPad has the same processor and RAM as the iPads.
- It also comes with a lower base storage capacity (32 GB).
- The front camera is worse on the 8th generation iPad: 1.2 MP and 720p compared to 7 MP and 1080p Air and Mini last year.
- The 8th generation iPad works exactly like the older 1st generation pencil iPads. This means you have to plug it into the iPad’s Lightning port to charge it – and the tiny hinged pencil cap will be lost at the end of the process.
- It works with the same Apple Smart Keyboard as the 2019 iPad Air, but not all Air cases. For example, the Logitech Combo Touch has the same keyboard base, but has two models for different air and iPad strengths.
- The included charger is better and faster: it’s 20W and the cable is now Lightning-to-USB-C, so it works better with modern MacBooks.
- The 10.2-inch screen is a bit smaller and less bright than the 2019 Air. But it’s still more than good enough.
- Now that iPad supports trackpads and mice, it’s also more versatile for web apps and tools.
Equip yourself as you read more.